Dad of two young daughters, avid traveler , amateur photographer, big picture thinker , tinkerer and minor web geek.
I’ve been around the www since day one (day two actually if you include Tim Berners-Lee’s NeXT server) staring with installing Mosaic end 1993 and essentially creating one of the first intranets around. I was in Customer Support for HP back then and figured it would be a useful tool for providing support information and I haven’t stopped thinking or doing that since.
Some of the things I’ve worked on:
Jay leads the WW Digital strategy and Business Architecture and for HP's Global Web Support organisation covering all Printing and Personal Systems digital capabilities serving over 500 million vists a year, 68 countries and over 120k products.
Jay is an experienced on-line strategist and manager with substantial (20+ years) web experience and very broad knowledge of Digital strategy, Business and Program management, On-line marketing and Professional Services . Substantial expertise in the areas of On-line Customer Care, Services Portfolio , Design for Serviceability and web services solutions management.
Currently responsible for all developing the next generation digital service design experiences including website strategy, capabilities development and roadmap for all HP Printing and Personal Systems support customers including all business architecture and being the primary driver of creative change.
Specialties: On-line Strategy
Social Media and e-Marketing
Financial modeling (ROI/NPV) and metrics (NPS)
Contact Management strategy
Proven leadership in global, multi-cultural team environments. Ability to work both vertically from C-level executive to engineering and horizontally with cross-functional and organizational teams.
Extensively International experience
Business strategy lead on all future capabilities for HP's support web space in the HP PC and Peripheral space.
Manages the strategic roadmap and capabilities planning across the board to effectively define the most meaningful capabilities architecture relevant to our customer audiences.
Partners closely with Customer Experience, Knowledge management, IT and vendors to develop roadmaps, planning , vendor selection etc. for the next generation HP web support experience
• Responsable for Online strategy HP’s Online Support (Web Care) program for HP Commercial products covering several million dollars in cost savings and revenue opportunity.
• Spearhead development and launch of all Support automation initiatives for commercial products covering both revenue driving and cost reduction initiatives.
• Management of HP’s Remote Monitoring platform expansion for HP Imaging and printing products including the Development of a portfolio fee-based of proactive services.
• Shift to the web activities including a new Support Wizard, Social Media, Online diagnostics, Knowledge management and IVR extensions
• Managed and developed Imaging and printing Design for Serviceability strategy to deliver standardized and industry leading integrated tools and service-based solutions and deliver over $60 Million in savings though FY13
• Oversee all key program components including Customer Experience Management, Service definition Budgets and Finance, Plan of record, Metrics, cost benefit analysis, IT and R&D development and solution development.
• Workstream lead for all Online and technology related initiatives in 3 major Carve Out reorganizations from strategic vision to concrete separation and integration plans. Covering financials, strategic added value and headcount with executive level communications.
Spearhead development and launch of all Support automation initiatives for IPG services, covering both revenue driving and cost reduction intiatives. Oversee all key program components including service definition and delivery, IT and R&D development and solution development.
• HP Technology Services lead for Imaging and Printing Serviceability Initiative covering hardware, software and internet technologies
• Initiated, managed and developed innovative new support service crossing between desktop and internet service to provide proactive resolution of known issues with HP commercial printing devices. www.hp.com/go/proactivesupport
• Responsible for overall e-support strategy for HP’s commercial Imaging and Printing Division (IPG) including SMB, commercial/enterprise, High-Value and Managed Print Services customers exceeding over $100 million in savings while boosting Total Customer Experience quality measures.
• Part of HP Managed Print Services WW core team, responsible for the MPS service portal creation and management
• Creation and management of personalized portal for HP's premier accounts program
• Creation and management of HP’s Instant Support for your Printers program making use of Embedded webservers in the HP Printers
• Part of an internal Hewlett-Packard start-up team to create e-Inclusion Solutions. E-inclusion is an initiative to close the digital divide between technology-empowered communities and technology-excluded communities. http://www.hp.com/e-inclusion/
• Co-conceived (patented) and developed HP’s Instant Support for printers which automates and speeds the resolution of computing and printing problems by linking printers embedded web servers (EWS) to enable e-services like message notification, remote diagnostics, software/firmware upgrades, and e-commerce. http://www.hp.com/hps/instant/
• Developed or co-developed various divisional e-business strategies